When I started One Camera One Lens back in July 2020, I had a vision. I wanted my personal website to also be a place of knowledge and learning, and a place where others could share their own writing and photography in a way that was both educational and interesting. Hopefully I’ve gone some way to achieve that goal, and in celebration I just want to share a few things with you.
Firstly, I would like to thank all the contributors I have had on the site. From highly accomplished photographers, to photographers who like sharing their material. They have supplied some of the finest moments on this website. Check out the blogs of The Photographers Spotlight Series. You will find some amazing stories and images from photographers from around the World!
Of course, a huge part of this website is the Fujifilm section. In this section I concentrate on Fuji film simulation recipes. It’s a way of emulating film or other digital cameras by altering the way Fujifilm cameras display colours. A must for all Fuji owners, and one of the leading resources on the internet!
Talking about resources, One Camera One Lens has many articles which will aid you in perfecting your photography. The top 10 articles that can help you out are as follows, but check the blog section for many more!
- Ultimate Guide To Extending Your Mirrorless Cameras Battery
- Creating A Successful Photography Website.
- Maximising Your Cameras Dynamic Range.
- Why Landscape Photography Is Perfect For Beginners.
- Photographing The Moon Perfectly.
- Maximising Your Onscreen Histogram.
- Improve Your Photography With A Prime Lens.
- 20 Tips For Better Photography.
- A Guide To Making Mono Photographs.
- The Importance Of Backing Up Your Files.
There are also a couple of Ultimate Guides that I have put together for target audiences.
- Why The X-T20 Is Still My Recommended Fujifilm Camera In 2021.
- Ultimate Fujifilm Film Simulation Resource.
- Ultimate Darktable Resource And Guide.
- Why Darktable Is Perfect For Fujifilm Users.
- Storing Film Simulation Recipes On Your Fujifilm.
I’ve also shared many images myself since the first blog. I made the positive decision to make my photo’s page connected to my blogs, plus my homepage images to be dynamically changing when I upload to my Instagram account. I wanted One Camera One Lens to be organic and ever changing, something so many photography websites seem to be lacking. Here are a selection of some of my favourite photos I’ve taken since July. Sadly, because of lockdown, they are not as diverse as they otherwise would be. Click in images to makes them full screen, and to look at the EXIF data.
Of course, it’s also great when your hard work starts to pay off. So here are some statistics from the One Camera One Lens, to give you some idea of the numbers of people who visit and see my work, and the work of my contributors. All figures from July 2020 to April 3rd 2021.
Site Visitors: 51,625
Site Views: 161, 779
Best Day Views: 2, 716
Average Views Per Day (March 2021): 1,100
Average Views Per Day (August 2020): 465 – For comparison.
Most Popular Blogs:
* Why The Fujifilm X-T20 Is Still The Camera I Recommend In 2021 – 9,419 views.
* Storing Fujifilm Film Simulations – 5,256 views.
* Llanelli North Dock Photography Meet – 2,300 views.
Countries With Most Visitors:
USA 33,794 views
Great Britain 25, 578 views
Germany 10,500 views
There’s a lot more to look forward to in the coming months as lockdown is eased and I can get more photographs up from a bigger variety of places. There’ll be more contributors, more film simulation and more of everything!
I’d like to thank each and every one of you for making this possible. It’s been harder than I ever imagined with the current climate. If you would like to support me and help towards my domain renewal in June this year, please feel free to donate via my PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you everyone, and most importantly, please like, share and subscribe so that I know you are there and enjoying this website.