Today was the first chance that I had to really go out and test my new Fujifilm X-T3 and my new film recipe I’ve been working on based on Fred Herzog’s Kodachrome images.
I’ve really liked the look of his work, and although it was Kodachrome slide film that he used, he had a certain look with to me is simply intriguing and stunning. Shooting the mundane, shooting the everyday things were all take for granted, the images came alive with the strong colours of the film.
So today I took these images. All colour is straight from camera, the only thing I edited was performing a crop to them and adding a border, so achieved in Snapseed.
These images were taken in strong sunlight. For this year I have not yet included any white balance shifts to the images. The full recipe will be coming to the website soon, and included in this blog when it is completed.
I would love feedback on these. You can view original images by Fred Herzog at This Website Please take into account, the time different, people’s clothes, images on buildings and almost everything was very different back then, which of course gives Frank’s images an altogether different look.
We woke up this morning, looked out of the window and could see it was going to be a nice day. We dropped off Samuel to school and got in the car and headed out with the camera to take some autumnal photographs while we had the chance.
The idea today was to just get some lovely photographs to go with the ones we’ve taken with Samuel over the years. When Samuel is off school next week we will do the same with both the boys, so this was great practise to get some things right. I chose to take the Viltrox 23mm F/1.4 and Viltrox 85mm F/1.8 and have my settings set to the MGA Colour Chrome setting (which can be found in the Fuji section of the website).
The idea today blossomed into doing everything away from home, so I’m writing this in the car while Llinos is shopping and George is sleeping. The photos were transferred from the camera to my mobile phone via the Fuji mobile app, which works amazingly. Editing consisted of a couple little crops and a border added to the photographs, all performed in Snapseed.
So, here are the images after going through this process… Autumn is certainly upon us!
As can be seen, this all turned out really nice! It was quite a nice challenge that I set myself, and it turned out well.
Hopefully in the coming days I will share with you the shots that I took that were not of the family, but I just think this will be a change to a lot of my readers.
If you liked what you have seen, please remember to comment, like and share my blog and website. Thank you everyone!